RB Library Summer Reading Program Continues with June 19 Rainforest Event
The Rancho Bernardo Library continues its 2018 Summer Reading Program presentations at 5 p.m. Tuesday, June 19, with Challenge Island: Rainforest. Designed for elementary through middle school kids, this program is designed for children to take on a “jungle of challenges” at breathtaking destinations like Jaguar’s Claw, Monkey Swings, and Anaconda Squeeze. The final June program, the Michael Raynor Juggling Show, is at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 30. Featured on David Letterman and the new Gong Show, his signature trick is spinning a cheeseburger on an umbrella. This program is for elementary through high school kids. Part of the Summer Reading Program at the library, these free activities are designed to foster a love of reading and help students to sustain achievement gains they made during the previous school year.
July’s presentations at the library are:
- World Below the Waves: Sharks and Rays: 11 a.m. Saturday, July 7
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum: Interactive Mobile Exhibits: 3 p.m. Wednesday, July 11
- San Diego Guild of Puppetry: Make Your Own Puppet: 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 17
- Face Painting with Sparkles the Clown: 10 a.m. Saturday, July 28
- Hullabaloo Sing Along Concert: 11 a.m. Saturday, July 28