Koi Zen Cellars’ Pond Side Pinot Gris Peach Slushie
- 2 1 bottle Koi Zen Cellars Pinot Gris wine
- 6 cups sliced fresh ripe peaches, chilled
- 6 cups crushed ice
- ½ cup Grand Marnier
- Combine wine, sliced peaches, and ice in a blender. Pulse until well blended and slushy.
- Pour into chilled wine glasses. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier. Garnish with peach slice and enjoy immediately.
- If desired, make ahead of time, freeze four hours until firm, and then scoop into wine glasses. Top with Grand Marnier and serve immediately.
- Store any remaining slushie in freezer.
Makes: 10 six-ounce servings • Total Time: 10 minutes
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Lisa K Miller
Family Members: Husband Darius, daughters Kiersten and Miranda, and Saddie the dog
Community of Residence: Rancho Peñasquitos for the past 20 years
Hobbies & Interests: Wine, photography, cooking, connecting businesses together
Favorite Local Activity: Relaxing at beach sunsets and working out at Infinitely Fit
About the Recipe: This recipe came about from combining our Pinot Gris wine with fresh peaches purchased at the local farmers market. I wanted something a bit more festive and refreshing for our wine loving friends’ relaxing evening at our koi pond.
About the Chef: Lisa and her husband Darius own Koi Zen Cellars Craft Winery in Carmel Mountain Ranch. Lisa’s background in recipe development and photography adds another level to the winery. She finds her balance creating recipes that highlight the wine, photographing them, and sharing them with friends and family.