Danielle’s Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Jalapeños, minced
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo (I used Follow Your Heart)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place potatoes in microwave-safe dish and fill half-way with water.
- Cook on high for 10 minutes, turn potatoes, then cook for another 10 minutes (they should be soft).
- Carefully remove potatoes from hot water, and place on a cutting board to allow cooling.
- In a skillet, brown onion and bell pepper.
- In a bowl, combine spices, cooked quinoa, onions, and bell pepper.
- Scoop out insides of sweet potatoes and mix in with quinoa mixture.
- Place potato skins on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake potato skins for 10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and fill with quinoa mixture.
- Place stuffed potatoes back in oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until very thin.
- Drizzle on top of potatoes along with toppings of your choice.
Makes: 4 servings • TOTAL TIME: About 45 minutes
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Danielle Petze
Family: Derek Petze
Community: Rancho Bernardo
Hobbies & Interests: Cooking, going to the gym
Favorite local activity: Hiking at Mount Woodson
About the Recipe: I have been creating vegan recipes for about a year now, and have found a true love for it.
About the Chef: My instagram name is @vegan_danielle, and on there, you can view hundreds of vegan recipes that I’ve created. I am also in the process of creating my website which can be found at www.vegandanielle.com.