Melissa’s Caramel Cool
- 1 German chocolate cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist German Chocolate Cake Mix)
- 1 jar of Mrs. Richardson Butterscotch Caramel
- 1 container of Cool Whip
- 1 bag Heath Toffee Bits (If you like big chunks of Heath, get 8 Heath candy bars and break them into the size pieces that you want)
- Make cake mix as directed on box. As soon as it comes out of the oven make holes in the cake.
- Pour caramel over the top of the cake so that the caramel gets down in the holes. Cover the whole surface of the baked cake. Let cool. I would put in fridge for about 1 hour. Again, make sure cake is 100 percent cool. This will make a nice caramel glaze on top.
- Layer Cool Whip on top, then sprinkle toffee chips over the top of the cake and serve. Store in fridge!
Makes: 20-36 servings • TOTAL TIME: 1 hour, 35 minutes
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Melissa E. Mann
Family Members: 3
Community: Rancho Bernardo
Hobbies & Interests: I love Zumba. I also teach Zumba. I love to bake.
About the Recipe: The dessert is a longtime recipe for my love of caramel.
About the Chef: My name is Melissa. I’ve lived here in the area for over 30 years, first in Rancho Peñasquitos and now in Rancho Bernardo. I’ve worked for Poway Unified for 16 years and teach Zumba. I’m a proud mom of a one-year-old who keeps my husband and me on our toes.