- 5 large eggs (vegetarian fed eggs)
- 1 cup of raw, chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chopped breakfast sausage (optional)
- 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk (optional)
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Mix eggs, heavy cream or milk, spinach, tomatoes, and breakfast sausage in a mixing bowl and whisk the ingredients together until ingredients are evenly saturated in the egg batter. Add a pinch of sea salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Oil your cupcake pans with olive oil and fill each cupcake pocket 3/4 of the way with the breakfast mix.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and bake at 375 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes or until toasty brown on the sides.
- Pop out of the oven and serve hot!
Makes: 2-3 servings Total Time: 30 minutes
Chef’s Name: Nic Akins
Family: Marlon, Nia, and Mariana Akins
Community: Carmel Mountain Ranch since 2007
Hobbies/Interests: Running, fitness, and family time
Favorite Local Activity: Run and bike the trails
About the Recipe: I love cooking for my kids! They like it when I take something basic and make it a little unusual. The bites were a quick idea I had a couple of years ago. It was fairly quick and cooks while we rush to get out of the door every morning before school and work. It’s also a great recipe you can prep the night before and pop in the oven the next morning. I didn’t think it was big deal but my family and friends love this recipe!
About the Chef: I am a fitness blogger, instructor, and personal trainer here in the San Diego area. I have been a competitive runner for over twenty-five years and a former “All Big 12” track and field collegiate athlete from the University of Missouri – Columbia. I love cooking for my family and close friends. They are always surprised at how well I cook because I am all about fitness and working out… but that’s why I workout so much, so I can eat good food! My blog is www.seenicrun.com.