Daphne & Susan’s Make Ahead Brunchz
- 10 slices of white, sourdough, French, or whole wheat bread, cubed with crusts removed
- 1 pound grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ham, bacon, or sausage, cooked and diced
- 1 cup green and red pepper diced
- 4 green onions sliced
- 6 eggs beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Grease 9×13 casserole dish.
- Layer with bread cubes, meat, peppers, onions and cheese.
- Mix eggs, milk and seasonings in separate bowl. Pour over layers.
- Cover dish with foil and refrigerate overnight. (This is a must if the recipe is to succeed.)
- Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Serves: 8-12[box title=”About the Chef” box_color=”#652525″]
Chef’s Name: Daphne Hagan
Family Members: Husband – Jim, Kids – Matthew (10), Grace (8)
Community of Residence: Sabre Springs
Hobbies/ Interests: Cooking, gardening, reading, graphic design, family game nights, exploring San Diego, volunteering at Morning Creek Elementary in Sabre Springs.
Favorite Local Activity: Hiking Torrey Pines State Beach at sunset with the family.
About the Recipe: It’s easy to make and great when you have houseguests.
About the Chef: The recipe originally came from my mom, Susan Besser, of Los Altos, CA, who always makes a big batch when the family gathers together.