Tracey’s No Bake Cookies
Name of Chef: Tracey Moore
Family members: Husband Randy, Son: Ian 10 yrs. Daughter: Nicole 7 yrs.
Community of Residence: Carmel Mountain Ranch
Hobbies/interests: Reading, going to the beach, family game nights
Favorite local activity: spending a day at the beach with family and friends
About the recipe: I chose this recipe because it is delicious, simple, and feeds alot of people! It’s great in the summer when you want a sweet treat but don’t want to turn the oven on. I also like to make it during the holidays for something a little different than your traditional fudge. Last year my kids had a blast giving them out to our neighbors!
About the chef: I am a native San Diegan. My husband and I have been married 14 years. We have lived in Carmel Mountain Ranch for 11 years and love the sense of community that it offers. I have been a dental hygienist for 15 years but now stay home full time.
2 cups Sugar
3 Tbsp. Cocoa
1 stick Butter
½ cup Milk
½ cup Peanut Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
1. Combine sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk in a sauce pan and bring to a rapid boil while stirring.
2. Cook for 1 1/2- 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Add peanut butter, vanilla, salt and quick oats.
5. Mix to combine well.
6. Drop by the spoonful onto cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
7. Cool in freezer or refrigerator until firm and enjoy!