RB Plans Parade, Fireworks on 4th
The Spirit of the Fourth Independence Day celebration in Rancho Bernardo includes a number of events, including the traditional holiday parade and fireworks.
Activities kick off at 6 p.m. Sunday, July 3, with a free concert by the U.S. Marines Recruit Depot Quintet at Webb Park, sponsored by the Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation and State Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher. Dinner and beverages will be available for purchase onsite.
Among the activities and events scheduled for Monday, July 4 in Rancho Bernardo:
- 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. – Community Fair at Webb Park- including a Pancake Breakfast, Wheels of Freedom Motor Show, Art Walk, Quilt Show, children’s games, RB Idol competition, vendor booths, and food – all sponsored by Casa de las Campanas.
- 9 p.m.-2:30 p.m. – Wheels of Freedom Motor Show.
- 10:45 a.m.-11:30 a.m. – Memorial Service at the Rancho Bernardo Veterans’ Memorial in Webb Park.
- 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. – RB Idol Competition, opening with an instrumental performance by Rancho Bernardo’s own saxophonist, Chris Burgess.
- 1:30 p.m.-3 p.m. – VIP Reception at The Remington Club (Freedom Club members and invited guests only). Sponsored by the Remington Club and Stone Brewery.
- 3:30 p.m.-5 p.m. – Independence Day Parade along Rancho Bernardo Road, Bernardo Center Drive, and Acena Drive. Grand Marshal is Dr. John Collins, Poway Unified School District’s superintendent of schools. Sponsored by Bridgepoint Education.
- 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. – Evening entertainment with the Eve Selis Band and fireworks show at Bernardo Heights Middle School. Sponsored by the Rancho Bernardo Recreation Council and San Diego County Supervisor Pam Slater-Price.
For more information, visit www.spiritofthefourth.org.